Faucet Replacement and Repair in San Diego County
Have a leaky faucet? Don’t worry, and don’t keep wasting precious water – you can call ASAP Drain Guys & Plumbing if you live anywhere in San Diego county and know that the job will be done right with no lost time or hassle for you. You can count on us to do the job right, whether it’s bathroom faucet repair, shower faucet repair, kitchen faucet repair, or a completely new replacement. We’ve been in business since 2001 and take pride in our technical expertise. Our fleet of well-equipped trucks are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for those urgent needs that just can’t wait. Call us for fast, friendly, and affordable plumbing services.
A leaky faucet is the most common plumbing problem in San Diego, and throughout the country. That leak wastes water, and has the potential to get much worse while you’re away or asleep. Many people take care of these repairs themselves, and you can find lots of instructions and videos on the web.
A faucet may start leaking due to seals or washers drying out, mechanical wear, corrosion, or the build up of deposits. The gist of all repairs is cleaning and replacing parts. As complicating factors there are usually handles, caps, hidden set screws, and more just to get to the parts that need attention. There are also many types of faucet mechanisms, and you may not know for sure what type you have until you’re well into your repair.
- Compression. These are the oldest style, commonly encountered in bathroom faucet repair and laundry room sinks, and are in many ways the easiest to repair. Most often access is easy and you only need to replace the rubber washer and add a little plumber’s grease. Sometimes it’s necessary to re-grind the valve seat to provide a good seal. This requires a special tool and a bit of skill. If done improperly it may be necessary to replace the faucet.
- Cartridge. This mechanism is most common in shower faucet repair. Repair can be a bit tricky, and it’s not that much more expensive to simply replace the entire cartridge.
- Ball. This type is most commonly encountered in single-lever kitchen faucet repair. The mechanism has numerous parts, and it can be quite involved just getting to those that need replacing. It’s much easier to just use a replacement kit, but that still has numerous seals and springs to deal with.
- Ceramic Disk. This newer technology is a bit simpler, and involves just cleaning the cylinder and replacing seals. It’s necessary to turn the water back on slowly to avoid fracturing the ceramic.
If you’re repairing cartridge, ball, or ceramic faucets you’ll be replacing O-ring seals and perhaps other parts. It’s critical that the replacement parts match exactly. Don’t forget to protect the drain, sink, and the faucet itself with a rag to prevent accidents and marring the surface. Or you can just call ASAP Drain Guys & Plumbing. We can be there quickly with all the necessary parts and tools, and with the skills to do the job right.
Sometimes a repair just can’t fix the problem. Sometimes you just want a new look or new features. Faucet replacement is a good idea when repairs become frequent, the finish is pitted or dull, or the style looks dated. You’ll find there’s hundreds of styles, finishes, and features to choose from. Those are really a matter of personal preference. Determining the quality of a faucet you’re considering is a bit more difficult.
- Faucets with solid brass bodies are longer lasting and require less maintenance, but cost the most with prices starting at around $150 for a faucet set.
- Die-cast zinc alloy faucets are durable, and electroplated chrome finishes are also fine. Prices start at about $70.
- Faucets with plastic bodies just aren’t worth it. Although the cost can be in the neighborhood of $50, these simply don’t hold up.
When selecting a faucet, be sure it fits and will line up with existing holes in the counter top.
There you have it, the basics of faucet repair and faucet replacement. With this introduction and online help, there’s no need to put up with leaky faucets. If you’d rather not tackle the difficulties yourself, call ASAP Drain Guys & Plumbing if you live anywhere in San Diego county to assure the work is done properly. Whether replacement, kitchen faucet repair, bathroom faucet repair, or shower faucet repair, we’re the local experts and promise you fast, courteous, and affordable plumbing services.